42nd Annual Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition
Join us May 8-10 for the Fischoff Competition, held at the University of Notre Dame's DeBartolo Performing Arts Center. Over the course of just three days, hundreds of young musicians will come from across the globe to vie for gold in this most prestigious of competitions.
New This Year
- NPR’s hit radio show From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley will be at this year’s Fischoff Competition taping a special program call From the Top Backstage at Fischoff. This program will be entirely dedicated to showcasing some of the nation’s best chamber musicians who are participating in Fischoff’s Junior Division. Through interviews, performances and backstage banter, the unique experience of Fischoff’s youngest musicians will be shared with 700,000 NPR listeners on June 15, 2015.
- WNIT public television will present an enhanced live broadcast of the Grand Prize Concert, Sunday, May 10, at 3:30 p.m. Through multiple camera work, WNIT will capture the essence of the competition and its musicians.
- Live streaming of 2 days of the Competition is estimated to reach 6,000+ global viewers.
- 29 countries represented the entries
- The youngest entry is 13 years old
- One of the Junior Division ensembles is coming from Norway
- 135 ensembles applied, 49 were accepted
All competition rounds are free and open to the public. A complete weekend schedule can be found here.